How to Make Slime
I know what you are thinking, Suzelle where have you been?! Well guys I’ve been on a little Suzatical because I needed a bit of a holiday. But while I was on holiday I did some DIY projects and got inspired and ended up building new sets for my new talk show! I’m so excited about them! Marianne even has her own musical corner, shame.
I decided to start this year off by experimenting with the huge internet craze, SLIME! And a LOT of you have asked me how to do this. So Marianne and I did a lot of science experiments to get the perfect slime, we watched many Youtube videos, tried lots of different recipes and different glues. It was hard, they didn’t all work so well and we had a few slime explosions. But finally we figured out how to make the perfect slime! And it’s so easy!
Be precise guys! It’s slime, it’s fun, but it’s serious science!
You will need:
Bostik Art and Craft glue (this one works well!)
Bostik Glitter Glue
Measuring spoons and cups
- Add 1 tsp borax to a pouring jug with 1 cup of boiling water.
- Mix and let cool
- Add 1 tbsp glue into your bowl
- Add 1 ml of food colouring to the bowl
- Add 2 ml water to the bowl and stir until the glue becomes runny.
- Start adding borax mixture ml by ml while stirring the whole time.
- You should see the mixture stiffening as you add the 5th ml
- You can pick the mixture up into your hand and start to rub it.
- If it’s still sticking to your hands add another ml or 2 of the borax mixture.
- There’s it!
- Store in an airtight ziplokkie so it doesn’t dry out.