How to Make-over your Sofa
I have a new studio and I’m so excited! Maybe you also want to give your space a little sprucing up. Maybe you are sick of your couch and you want to recover it, but you can’t because it’s so expensive and you’re not a upholsterer.
That is why I am going to show you how to make-over your Sofa with PAINT! That’s right guys, you can actually just paint your sofa a new colour using normal paint!
You will need:
A glass Kontainer
Water spray bottle
Fine grit sandpaper
And an old sofa and rug
- Start by masking out and protecting the wooden parts of your sofa with painters tape.
- Mix you paint with water. The paint must be very thin and watery so that it is like a dye, dyeing the fabric. This will help keep the sofa soft.
- Lightly spray your fabric to make it damp.
- Start painting the first coat, I used a brush so I could get in all the little cracks and corners.
- After the first coat let it dry for 24 hours.
- Once the paint has dried, give the sofa a light sanding with your sandpaper to soften it and vacuum up the excess dust.
- Do the same process 2 or 3 more times, remember to sand and vacuum in between each coat.
- You’ll probably need to do about 3 or 4 coats depending on how the paint works with your fabric. There’s it!
Now because I’ve been away for so long I’ve got a bonus hack for you. Did you know that you can make your own stunning rugs using the same techniques, it’s so easy!
- Mark out your geometric patterns with a really good masking tape or if you’re feeling creative you can use different shaped stickers (Geometrics are trending right now). Tower stickers are also the best 🙂
- Make sure you take your time pressing along the edges of your stickers for perfectly clean lines,
- We are ready to paint!
- Once the paint has dried you can remove the stickers. There’s it, gorgeous!