How to make a Braai Pie
What is a Braai Pie? It’s a pie that you make on the braai. I love making braai pies because they are a really good way to use up leftovers and to express yourself creatively. You can make a braai pie to impress your guests – or maybe even someone you have your eye on.
You will need:
A braai grill thingy
2 rolls of puff pastry
Chopped onions, sauteed
Leftover braai meat (roughly chopped)
Salt and pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Roll out the first layer of pastry and place it on the braai grid.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on the pastry, then add the mushrooms and onions.
- Arrange the leftover braai mat evenly over the pastry
- Season the mixture and then apply the top layer of pastry and seal by pinching the edges of the pastry layers
- Brush the top of your pie with edd for that golden brown colour and close the braai grid.
- Cook on low-heat colas for 15 mins, turning the braai regularly.
- Remove from the braai when the pastry has become golden and crisp.
- Gently open the grid. You might need to poke the braai pie with the back of the spoon to get it unstuck.
- Flip the braai pie onto a wooden board
- The braai pie is ready! Cut it up and serve to your guests. It’s sure to be a real crowd pleaser.
You can experiment with different fillings, spinach feta and chopped dill and spring onions is so delicious!