I’m so egg-cited because I have a stunning new Kitchen from “Kitch me up”! I was thinking about what the topic of my first kitchen episode should be and I was inspired by the gorgeous colour, ‘egg-yolk-yellow’ of my kitchen! And I thought, “Suzelle, what’s the one thing that everyone knows how to make?… An egg!”
That is why today’s egg-isode is: How to make the perfect egg.
You will need:
- A slotted spoon
- A whisk and a drill
- Cling wrap
- Some herbs
- Peppers or onions
- And some free range eggs
Fancy fried egg
- First separate the yolk and the white by cracking your egg over a slotted spoon and letting the white slip through into a container underneath (the slotted spoon is your best friend people).
- Mix the white of the egg with mozzarella and herbs or whatever you like.
- Pour the white into the pan.
- Add the yolk onto of the white and cook.
It’s so fancy!
- Separate your yolks and your white with a slotted spoon.
- Add some salt and pepper to the whites.
- Now beat them with a drill and a whisk until they are fluffy and light.
- Pop the white on a baking tray.
- Make a little hollow in the white, and add the yolk back in.
- Bake for 6-7 min @ 180C (until it is golden brown)
Another fun way to make a fried egg is to cook it in a ring of pepper or onion. Cute. I’m egg-static
The Perfect Poached egg
- Drape a square of cling wrap loosely over a cup, and rub a bit of oil on it.
- Crack your egg into the cling wrap
- Make a little baggie for your eggs by twisting or tying the ends of the cling wrap together.
- Put the bag into boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
Now for some Egg Tricks
If you break a bit of the shell when you crack the egg, don’t stress, just use the big shell to pick up the smaller broken pieces. It works like a magnet. Science!
Boiled or not?:
Here’s an easy way to tell if your egg is boiled or not. Spin your egg on a table and stop it with your hand and then release. If it keeps spinning it’s fresh because the momentum keeps it going. If it’s boiled it will stop.
Place some salt on the table and give your friend an egg and ask them to balance the egg on salt. They won’t be able to. Now you give a go, put a bit of spit on the bottom of the egg without them seeing. The egg will stand up perfectly upright on the salt. Magic.
And there you have it some tips and tricks to make your breakfast egg-cellent.
KITCH ME UP GIVES BACK!
I am so excited because the stunning people at Kitch Me Up are giving away a free kitchen as a part of their charity drive. If you know someone, a family or organisation that goes above and beyond to support and help their family or community, and who would benefit or is in need of a kitchen, please nominate them! Kitch me up will come and install a beautiful kitchen for them for free!
To nominate a deserving candidate, please send an email with a brief outline of why you think they be a good candidate for this initiative, to email@example.com.